The Bachelor: What we can expect from Ben Higgins
Oh, Ben H. When he first stepped out of the limo on Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season of The Bachelorette, he was but one of two very attractive men with the name Ben. Over time, he’d later progress into the super sweet, super attractive Ben who had a terrible fear that he was “unlovable.”
But now, he has another chance to find love as the next Bachelor, so we’ve rounded up a couple of things we can more than likely expect:
1. Sweaters. Ben loves sweaters. It’s just a fact.
2. Cheesy toasts. At times, Ben can be a bit too serious, so hopefully his season won’t drift from sincere to dull. Regardless, viewers can expect Ben to make a number of toasts, some of which will be sweet, but most of which might make you cringe just a bit. But hey, his heart’s in the right place.
3. Chivalry. Ben’s a gentleman. Get used to it.
4. Comments about his age. Yes, he just turned 26. Yes, there will probably be multiple “older women” vying for his love. (And he’ll probably pick the young hot one.)
5. Direct yet sincere confrontations. Ben is not a pushover, and he proved that with his time on The Bachelorette. But he’s also not rude, so if something is bothering him, he will bring it up, but he’ll do so in a totally non-threatening way.
6. No sex in the fantasy suite? We can’t be positive that he and Kaitlyn didn’t sleep together, but Ben did make a point that the physical aspect of a relationship doesn’t come first for him. So here’s to hoping we don’t have to listen to any awkward breathing noises during his season.
7. Potentially the next Sean Lowe. Listen, Ben being such a great guy has its pros and cons. On the one hand, there’s a chance things could get boring. But there’s also the chance that he could become the next Sean Lowe, who went into his season as the good guy and came out of it as one of the most beloved Bachelors in history.
So Ben, what’ll it be?
WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television and music.
This romantic reality competition series follows a gaggle of women vying for the Bachelor’s heart — and a wedding proposal. Will you accept this rose?