Casting Net: Zoe Kravitz to play gunslinging hitwoman in 'Black Belle'
- Zoe Kravitz (Insurgent) will be starring in Black Belle as a female gunslinger in the Old West. The film follows the loner and bounty hunter whose specialty is revenge murders. When a client shows up with information about who killed her mother things change when she discovers who the alleged killer is. The film is set just after the Civil War and is scheduled to begin shooting this September. [Deadline]
- Josh Harto (The Dark Knight) has been added to the cast of Gold, the Stephen Gaghan-directed film starring Matthew McConaughey and Edgar Ramirez. The film is about a businessman (McConaughey) who gets the chance to buy into a buried river of gold in Indonesia but comes to find out that the deal was not what it seemed. Harto will play Lloyd Stanton, the businessman’s bank account manager who is forced to tolerate his vulgar lifestyle while doing his business with the bank. [Deadline]
- Raul Castillo (Looking) has joined the cast of Ricky Gervais‘ Netflix comedy, Special Correspondents. In the satrical pic, Eric Bana plays a New York-based radio journalist attempting to boost his career by filing supposed war reports from the frontlines while really hiding away in Manhattan. Castillo’s role is unknown. [Deadline]
- Darrell Britt-Gibson (The Wire) has signed on to Keanu, a comedy starring Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele in which Key & Peele go undercover as drug dealers in an attempt to rescue their cat who happened to have been abducted by a street gang. Britt-Gibson is set to play the character Trunk, [Deadline]
- Mikaela Hoover (Guardians Of The Galaxy) is the latest star to be added to the growing cast roster of The Belko Experiment. She will play Raziya Memarian in the Greg McLean-helmed horror film written by producer James Gunn. [Deadline]