14 burning questions The Muppets revival should answer about their personal lives
After a couple of new films reinvigorated the franchise, the Muppets are making their return to television thanks to ABC.
As EW’s James Hibberd noted, the new show promises to “explore the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships, both at home and at work, as well as romances, break-ups, achievements, disappointments, wants and desires — a more adult Muppet show, for kids of all ages.”
So while the show will still likely be full of the gags, musical numbers and everything else that has allowed Kermit and the gang to endure for years, the big takeaway is that this Muppets series may finally answer some of the franchise’s long-lingering questions about the characters and their personal lives. Or at least… the ones some of us have been dying to know.
With that in mind here are 14 of EW’s most burning questions we hope The Muppets will address:
- Who is Gonzo’s tailor?
- Is “Wocka Wocka” secretly a cry for help from Fozzie Bear?
- Will Swedish Chef ever find true love?
- Rowlf the Dog, the first actual Muppet, plays it cool, but does he secretly harbor a grudge against Kermit for all of the frog’s success?
- Do all of the Muppets have poor eyesight, if a single mole is able to fool them into not recognizing their best friend?
- Who covers all of the Muppets travel expenses?
- Who will Sam the Eagle be supporting in the next election, and has he already donated to any campaigns?
- Why has Scooter’s twin sister Skeeter never been in anything other than Muppet Babies?
- What is the exact chronology of the Muppet Cinematic Universe, a.k.a. the other MCU?
- Do Gonzo and Camilla plan to adopt or are any of the chickens Camilla performs with children from another relationship?
- Where do Br. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker find the funding for their scientific experiments?
- What do Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog do on a quiet evening at home?
- Who is Animal’s favorite drummer? Where did Animal learn to drum? What are Animal’s thoughts on climate change?
- How do the Muppets shower?