Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- One does not simply leave Marvel’s grasp. Revenge star Emily VanCamp will play Agent 13/Kate/Sharon Carter in Captain America: Civil War. She appeared for a handful of scenes in Captain America: Winter Soldier as Cap’s (Chris Evans) neighbor/secret watcher. Civil War, directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, is out on May 6, 2016. [Deadline]
- Christoph Waltz casts Christoph Waltz in his directorial debut. The Quentin Tarantino muse will direct and star in The Worst Marriage in Georgetown, which is based on a New York Times feature. Waltz will be Albrecht Muth, a social climber/gold digger/habitual liar who marries rich widow Viola Drath. The title suggests it will end poorly. Pulitzer Prize-winning author and playwright David Auburn penned the script. [Variety]
- Kevin James lands another starring gig. He’ll lead up comedy The True Memoirs Of An International Assassin. In Jeff Morris’ script, James will play an accountant who’s mistaken for a cold-blooded contract killer after his fictionalized novel is released touted as a true story. Jeff Wadlow (Kick-Ass 2) will direct. [Deadline]
- Blake Lively heads to a legend’s new project. The new Woody Allen feature will have The Age of Adaline star. There’s no title or plot details yet, but Bruce Willis, Kristen Stewart, and Jesse Eisenberg are already on board. [Deadline]
- Ginnifer Goodwin and Jason Bateman will lend their voices for a Disney animated film. Zootopia sees bunny Judy Hopps (Goodwin), a rookie, go-getter cop on the force, forced to cooperate with cunning fox Nick Wilde (Bateman) to solve a big case. Byron Howard (Tangled) is the director of the film, which is out March 4, 2016.
Captain America: Civil War