Casting Net: Glenn Close joins U.K. zombie thriller 'She Who Brings Gifts'
- Glenn Close, Gemma Arterton, and Paddy Considine have joined She Who Brings Gifts, the thriller about a seemingly normal and very intelligent young girl who lives in an underground bunker with other children her age. They are all experimental cases who are being examined by scientists to find the cure for a fungal spore that has infected the planet. Colm McCarthy (Peaky Blinders) will direct with shooting starting in May. [Deadline]
- David Strathairn has joined the cast of Sacha Gervasi’s November Criminals which currently includes Ansel Elgort, Chloë Grace Moretz and Catherine Keener. The film began shooting today in Rhode Island and Washington, D.C. The script is adapted from the Sam Munson novel that follows two teenagers into the underbelly of D.C. as they investigate the murder of their friend as they fall in love for the first time. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Bella Thorne has signed on to Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip. In the film, a series of misunderstandings has led the chipmunks to believe that Dave is going to propose to his new girlfriend in New York and then dump them. Thorne will play Ashley. The fourth film in the animated/live-action franchise is set for release December 23.[Deadline]
- Amanda Schull (12 Monkeys) is joining John Travolta for the indie I Am Wrath. The film is about a man who seeks justice after the police are unable to catch his wife’s killer. Travolta will star as Stanley Hill, the man who sets out for revenge and Schull will play his daughter. The film is currently shooting. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Olivia Cooke will star as the title character in Katie Says Goodbye. The indie drama centers on a 17-year-old waitress (Cooke) who attempts to overcome the hardships of poverty through prostitution in order to fulfill her dream of a new life in San Francisco. [The Hollywood Reporter]