French pop darling Christine and The Queens premieres 'The Loving Cup' video--exclusive
Parisian singer Christine and The Queens is the coolest French import since Brigitte Bardot. Like a grittier version of Marina and The Diamonds, her electro-tinged pop has a smooth, rich vibe that combines the glitz of the ‘80s with the soul of the future. We can’t get enough, and neither can Europe—Christine (whose real name is Héloïse Letissier) has already won the French-Grammy equivalent (Victoires de La Musique) for Best Female Artist and Video of the Year.
EW has the exclusive U.S. premiere of her newest music video for “The Loving Cup.” In the clip, a dejected-looking young man sneaks out of the house, swipes on some makeup, and becomes his true self on the dance floor.
Christine and The Queens’ debut EP, Saint Claude, is out April 14 on Neon Gold. She’ll make her Stateside debut at South by Southwest, before hopping on the road with Marina and The Diamonds. Here’s where you can catch her:
- March 20 – Hype Hotel – SXSW
- March 20 – Neiman Marcus Make Some Noise / Music By Atlantic Records – SXSW
- March 21 – Neon Gold Showcase – SXSW
- April 15 – The Echo – Los Angeles
- April 17 – The Warfield – San Francisco* SOLD OUT
- April 18 – The North Park Theatre – San Diego* SOLD OUT
- April 21 – Le Poisson Rouge – New York
*supporting Marina And The Diamonds