Raven-Symoné takes EW's Pop Culture Personality Quiz
Raven-Symoné has been part of the pop culture education of multiple generations thanks to roles on The Cosby Show, Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper, and That’s So Raven. And she’s back on TV with a saucy turn on Empire and an upcoming spot on black-ish—not to mention a recent guest-hosting gig on The View. Now we’re giving the 29-year-old veteran a new challenge: taking EW’s Pop Culture Personality Quiz.
1. As a kid you starred in commercials for Cool Whip, Ritz, and Jell-O. If you had to eat just one—and nothing else—for the rest of your life, which would it be?
I feel like there’s more nutrition in Ritz, even though I would be very, very, very, very dry-mouthed all the time. I just feel like I would get more sustenance from it.
2. You were a Cheetah Girl, but what do you consider your real spirit animal?
I would be a flying squirrel because I like to go to different places at all kinds of times, and I like to peek in on other people’s conversations and help them as much as possible.
3. Name the most embarrassing thing on your DVR.
I don’t have cable, so that’s embarrassing to begin with. I only watch Netflix and YouTube.
4. Cookie on Empire has the catchphrase “boo boo kitty.” What’s your personal catchphrase?
“You right. You right.” I use that when somebody’s pointing out the obvious. My brother gave it to me and I stole it from him.
5. If you had to be stranded on a desert island with one of the hosts of The View, who would you choose: Rosie Perez, Nicolle Wallace, or Whoopi Goldberg?
Whoopi Goldberg. She would keep you alive.
6. Whose voice would you love to have on your GPS navigation system?
I would do Meshell Ndegeocello and Benedict Cumberbatch—they would go back and forth. With those two, I think it’s a nice register.
7. Beyoncé or Rihanna?
8. You played a psychic on That’s So Raven, but the superpower you’d most like to have is ______.
To be able to change anything into gold. If I were able to make gold not as important by making it everything, then maybe people would pay attention to other people for their personality and not their money status.
9. Which ABC sitcom cast wins in a fight: Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper or Full House?
I would actually say Full House. Our family had only one guy. Not that I don’t think girls can win, but let’s not forget what Vanessa [Holly Robinson Peete] was. She would be a cheerleader. It would be me and Jodie [Sweetin]. And Mark [Curry] and Bob Saget. I think it would be an uneven fight, because Joey and [Uncle Jesse] would have to fight my aunt and that would be sad.