Casting Net: Ben Hardy lands key role in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Ben Hardy will be playing a key role in the new X-Men: Apocalypse film. He will be joining returning cast James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender, as well as newcomers Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan and Alexandra Shipp. The film’s plot details, as well as Hardy’s role, are unknown. Though his character is supposed to be significant to the X-Men universe. The movie has a release date of May 27, 2016. [Variety]
- Adam DeVine is currently in negotiations to co-star with Zac Efron in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. The film is about two brothers who place an ad online to find dates for a wedding, which ends up going viral. [Variety]
- Kyle Chandler will star opposite Casey Affleck in Manchester-by-the-Sea. The film centers around a ne’er-do-well plumber (Affleck) who lives in Boston, and is forced to return to his home town after he learns his older brother (Chandler) has passed away. While there, he finds himself forced into caring for his brother’s 16-year-old son, and himself crumbling due to a secret tragedy from his past. The film is full of flashbacks, which allows Chandler to appear frequently. Shooting is expected to begin at the end of March in New England. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Valerie Cruz (The Following) and Matthew Rauch (Banshee) have signed on to My First Christmas. Sean Patrick Flanery and Quinton Aaron will also star in the indie holiday film, which centers around a 17-year-old (Katya Martin) with a rare form of cancer who is in need of a bone marrow transplant. The search for a donor is difficult, but she finds friendship and love after meeting a young, homeless runaway (Juan Castro). The film is shooting in New York. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Clive Standen (Vikings) has joined the cast of the thriller Patient Zero, starring Natalie Dormer, Stanley Tucci, and Matt Smith. The film is about an unprecedented global pandemic of rabies that has resulted in the evolution of a new species driven by violence. One immune human survivor that is able to communicate with the species is on the hunt for Patient Zero to find a cure to save his wife, and humanity. Standen is set to play Sergeant Knox, a rough-around-the-edges military leader who is trying to control the uncontrollable situation. Production is underway. [Variety]