Casting Net: John Travolta in talks for 'I Am Wrath,' Jeff Bridges to lead 'The Emperor's Children'
- John Travolta is in talks to star in the action-thriller I Am Wrath, where he will play a man looking for vigilante justice after a group of corrupt cops are unable to catch his wife’s killer. Production of the film is set to start in March in Columbus, Ohio. Sources say producers are looking for a supporting cast already, expecting Travolta to star. [The Wrap]
- Jeff Bridges will star in the adaptation of The Emperor’s Children. The script tells the life story of a legendary journalist and liberal opinion maker named Murray Thwaite (Bridges). It exposes the ambition and pride of his family and friends and his entanglement with his daughter’s best friend, all in the days leading up to 9/11. A shoot is planned for later this year once the supporting cast is put together. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Billy Bob Thornton, Alfred Molina, and Sheila Vand have all joined the untitled Tina Fey/Margot Robbie pic, based on the autobiography, The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan, by Kim Barker. Vand is set to play a Lebanese reporter who works in the field alongside Kim (Fey) and Tanya (Robbie), who all form a close bond as they “navigate the male-dominated world of journalism in Afghanistan.” [Deadline]
- Eric Bana will play Uther, the father of King Arthur, in Guy Ritchie‘s Knights of the Round Table. The role will not be a large one, in a film where Charlie Hunnam plays Arthur and Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Guinevere.Plot details about the film are being kept under wraps. [Variety]
- John Ortiz joined the cast of Steve Jobs, the biopic that began production last month. Ortiz will be playing Joel Pforzheimer, the GQ journalist who interviews Jobs (Michael Fassbender) throughout the Aaron Sorkin written film. It currently has a release date of Oct. 9. [Deadline]
- Tony Hale (Veep) has joined the cast of Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip as a villainous character. Plot details on the film are unknown, but the film does have a release date of Dec. 23, 2015. [Variety]