Casting Net: Keanu Reeves, Christina Hendricks join the cast of 'The Neon Demon'
- Keanu Reeves and Christina Hendricks will be joining the cast of The Neon Demon. The film is a subversive female-driven horror story whose cast also includes Abbey Lee, Jena Malone, and Bella Heathcote. Production is set to begin March 30. [Variety]
- Stephen Moyer (True Blood) and Beau Kapp (Super 8) have been added to the cast of the drama Juveniles. The film is about a present-day teen who has to deal with poverty and violence in small-town America, while looking for a better life. The two join a cast that includes Martin Henderson, Nick Eversman, Morgan Lily, and Kevin Alejandro. Principal photography will begin this month. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Eddie Izzard has signed on to the adaptation of Carrie Pilby, starring Hailee Steinfeld. The film centers around a 19-year-old genius who has just graduated from Harvard and doesn’t know how to fit in outside of college. Izzard is to play the role of Dr. Petrov, the therapist who helps Carrie sort out her conflicted, but comedic, worldviews. Shooting should begin in May. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Cary Elwes and Alex Rocco are set to join the cast of The Other, starring Dominic Sherwood. Sherwood plays a young man who is tormented by the possibility of going insane, or even becoming the target of actual demonization. Rick Bieber is directing and also penned the screenplay. [Deadline]
- Mandy Patinkin is in advanced negotiations to join the cast of Ali & Nino, acting opposite Adam Bakri and Mari Valverde. The film is based on the best-selling novel that tells the story of Ali, a Muslim boy, and Nino, a Christian-Georgian girl, in Baku, Azerbaijan. Their love story occurs during World War I and the fight for independence in Azerbaijan. Principal photography begins in Baku, Azerbaijan and Istanbul, Turkey in February and March. [Deadline]