Casting Net: Jason Biggs, Ashley Tisdale claim lead roles in 'Drive, She Said'
• Jason Biggs and Ashley Tisdale have been cast as the leads of Drive, She Said. The story follows an unconfident, expectant father (Biggs) who takes a job chauffeuring prostitutes (Tisdale, Janet Montgomery, Bria Murphy). Husband and wife team Joe Syracuse and Lisa Addario wrote and directed the film, which was inspired by Syracuse’s experience driving call girls around LA. Jenny Mollen, Adrian Voo, and Steven Weber also star. [THR]
• Chris Pratt is in early negotiations for Magnificent Seven. Antoine Fuqua is directing the remake, which stars Denzel Washington. The 1960 film for which its based followed seven gunmen who defend a Mexican village from outlaws. Nic Pizzolatto wrote the original draft of the script with updates from John Lee Hancock. [Deadline]
• Jonah Hill is in discussions for Todd Phillips‘ Arms and the Dudes. The story, based on Guy Lawson‘s Rolling Stone article, tracks two arms dealers who are contracted to supply weapons for U.S. allies in Afghanista, but trouble ensues abroad and at home. [Variety]
• Kit Harington will star opposite Jessica Chastain in writer-director Xavier Dolan‘s The Death and Life of John F. Donovan. Harrington will play Donovan, an American film star, whose career falls apart when his communication with an 11-year-old actor comes to light. Chastain will play a gossip journalist who attacks Donovan’s relationship in the media. [Deadline]
• Ben-Hur has found its female lead, Esther, in Homeland‘s Nazanin Boniadi. The remake, from director Timur Bekmambetov, stars Jack Huston as the titular character, a prince betrayed into slavery. Gal Gadot was previously circling the role but had to drop out of the race due to scheduling conflicts. [Deadline]
• Alona Tal has signed on for One Shot. The movie musical stars Topher Grace as a failed actor who turns to stage managing and must save his new show from opening night failure. Tal will take the role of KT, the ex-girlfriend and star of the production. Isaac Rentz is directing the film, which also stars Taye Diggs, JC Chasez, and Lesli Margherita. Gerry De Leon and Greg Lisi wrote the script. The film is shooting in Mexico City. [Deadline]