Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas kicked off Halloween night—you read that right—and the network is holiday movies 24/7 this weekend. Lifetime is also ringing in the season early. (ABC Family, meanwhile, has to wait for Dec. 1 before it starts its 25 Days of Christmas.) May we recommend:
• Northpole (Friday, Nov. 21 at 8 p.m. ET, Saturday, Nov. 22 at noon ET, Hallmark): A 2014 original, this stars Tiffani Thiessen as an investigative reporter (who never uses a tape recorder or takes notes) whose son teams with an elf to save Christmas by first trying to save his new town’s curiously canceled tree lighting. Josh Hopkins costars as the boy’s teacher and SPOILER ALERT mom’s potential love interest.
• Fir Crazy (Saturday, Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. ET, Sunday, Nov. 23 at 4 a.m. ET, Hallmark): A 2013 gem, it’s your classic tale of a suddenly unemployed workaholic (Sarah Lancaster) whose family Christmas tree lot is in serious jeopardy. Oh, and she falls in love with a hot customer.
• 12 Men of Christmas (Saturday, Nov. 22, 2 p.m. ET, Lifetime): From 2009, a city girl (Kristin Chenoweth) loses her PR job and heads to the country where her idea to raise money for the local rescue squad by having the men pose for a sexy calendar doesn’t exactly go over well with one stud (Josh Hopkins again).
• A Princess for Christmas (Saturday, Nov. 22 at 6 p.m. ET, Sunday, Nov. 23 at 10 a.m. ET, Hallmark): Outlander fans, rejoice: Sam Heughan stars in this 2011 flick as a prince who falls for a young woman after she becomes an overnight guardian to her late sister’s children and gets an invitation to spend Christmas with her later brother-in-law’s Duke father (Roger Moore).
• An En Vogue Christmas (Saturday, Nov. 22, 8 p.m. ET, Lifetime): Fresh for 2014, the R&B divas of En Vogue are asked to reunite to perform a benefit Christmas concert. Reaching? Yes. But it’s En Vogue! It plays three more times that night and again at 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. the following evening.
• A Royal Christmas (Saturday, Nov. 22 at 8 p.m. ET, Hallmark): Another 2014 original. Don’t we all want to see Lacey Chabert as a blue-collar Philly tailor who learns her European boyfriend is a prince—especially when his disapproving Queen mother is played by Jane Seymour? Repeats Nov. 23 at 2 p.m. ET.
• The Christmas Shepherd (Sunday, Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. ET, Hallmark): Also new this year, it centers on a widow (Teri Polo), who loses the German Shepherd her Army vet husband found while overseas. The dog ends up at a shelter where it’s adopted by a single dad and his teenage daughter, who become attached to him. How do you think it will end?
• Seasons of Love (Sunday, Nov. 23 at 9 p.m. ET, Lifetime): A woman (Single Ladies‘ LeToya Luckett) finds her new romance complicated by her boyfriend’s father’s death and the return of her ex. It includes appearances by Taraji P. Henson, Gladys Knight, and, of course, Cliff “Method Man” Smith.