'Dancing with the Stars': Season 19's celebrities are...
ABC has announced the next group of celebrities who will be taking over the dance floor for season 19 of Dancing with the Stars. The cast features celebrities on both ends of the age spectrum, like 17-year-old Duck Dynasty star Sadie Robertson and 72-year-old fashion designer Betsey Johnson. The show also introduced a new career category, with the first digital star ever on the series: YouTuber Bethany Mota. Of course, there’s also the usual mix of athletes and actors, including Mean Girls actor Jonathan Bennet (You go,
Glen Coco Aaron Samuels) and Alfonso Ribeiro, a.k.a. Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, a.k.a. a guy who already has a dance move named after him.
“There still is no shortage of who wants to do this show,” show runner Rob Wade tells EW. “It’s not just about name value or something like that. It’s about the stories you can tell with these casts. We want to be original and different. We want archetypes, not stereotypes, going in.”
Here’s the full list of the 13 celebrities competing and their partners:
• mixed martial artist and actor Randy Couture and Karina Smirnoff
• race car driver Michael Waltrip and Emma Slater
• Pretty Little Liars actress Janel Parrish andVal Chmerkovskiy
• Ducky Dynasty‘s Sadie Robertson and Mark Ballas
• actor and model Antonio Sabato, Jr. and Cheryl Burke
• Fresh Prince of Bel Air star Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson
• Tommy Chong of Cheech & Chong fame and Peta Murgatroyd
• Mean Girls actor Jonathan Bennett and Allison Holker
• Back to the Future actress Lea Thompson and Artem Chigvintsev
• PBS talk show host Tavis Smiley and Sharna Burgess
• Olympian Lolo Jones and Keo Motsepe
• YouTube star Bethany Mota and Derek Hough
• fashion designer Betsey Johnson and Tony Dovolani
The cast features a slightly more mature group this season, with eight stars over the age of 40.
Dancing with the Stars premieres on ABC Monday, Sept. 15 at 8 pm ET.