Casting Net: Anna Kendrick finds 'Mr. Right'
• Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect) will play a woman looking for love in the Max Landis-scripted Mr. Right. She thinks she may have found the one till she discovers that he’s a hit man…but, you know, a reformed one. His past catches up with him and suddenly both of their lives are in jeopardy. Sam Rockwell (The Way Way Back) has also joined the cast, but it was unclear from the report whether he is her Mr. Right. Paco Cabezas (Tokarev) will direct the pic, which is scheduled for a fall shoot. [Deadline]
• Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation), Emma Thompson (Saving Mr. Banks), and Kristen Schaal (30 Rock) will star alongside Robert Redford and Nick Nolte in the indie drama A Walk in the Woods, based on Bill Bryson‘s 1998 memoir about his attempt to walk the Appalachian Trail. Little Miss Sunshine scribe Michael Arndt penned the script for director Ken Kwapis (He’s Just Not That Into You). [Variety]
• Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardner), Harvey Keitel (Pulp Fiction), and Paul Dano (There Will Be Blood) have boarded Paolo Sorrentino‘s Youth, starring Michael Caine. The story follows two 80-something friends vacationing in the Alps and wondering how much time they have left. [Variety]
• Juliette Binoche (The English Patient) is attached to star in The Wait, the directorial debut of Piero Messina, who was Paolo Sorrentino‘s assistant on The Great Beauty. Set in a Sicilian villa, the pic finds a mother and her son’s fiancée unexpectedly spending the Easter holiday together as they wait for the son/intended to show up. [Variety]
• Oona Chaplin (Game of Thrones) and Britt Robertson (Under the Dome) have boarded the Nicholas Sparks adaptation The Longest Ride, starring Scott Eastwood as the young version of the romantic lead. [The Wrap; Deadline]
• Billy Slaughter (who will appear in the James Brown biopic Get on Up) has joined the Max Steel adaptation. [THR]
PREVIOUSLY: Adam DeVine will return for ‘Pitch Perfect 2’