Casting Net: Patrick Wilson boards Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
• Patrick Wilson continues to surprise. After guest starring in one of Girls‘ most talked about episodes and appearing in the modestly budgeted box office smash The Conjuring, Wilson is set to go the superhero route. He’s reportedly signed on to appear in Marvel’s Ant-Man for director Edgar Wright. There are no details on his role yet. Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas are starring in the film about a biochemist who discovers a formula that allows him to shrink to the size of an ant. Disney has already set a July 31, 2015, release. [Deadline]
• Twilight alum Ashley Greene will play Priscilla Presley in Shangra-La Suite. Office Space‘s Ron Livingson will play Elvis in the Eddie O’Keefe drama about two 20-year-olds hoping to kill The King. [Deadline]
• Janet McTeer (Tumbleweeds) has boarded the ensemble drama Fathers and Daughters, starring Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried. Gabriele Muccino is directing the multigenerational story about a woman looking back on her childhood and the influence of her novelist father. Aaron Paul, Quvenzhané Wallis, and Octavia Spencer also star. [THR]
• Alan Cumming (The Good Wife) will lend his voice to the animated pic Bremen Town Musicians from Cats & Dogs director Lawrence Guterman. [THR]
• Raiders of the Lost Ark‘s Karen Allen has joined the family drama Bad Hurt alongside Sons of Anarchy‘s Theo Rossi. [Deadline]