Casting Net: Amanda Seyfried to star in 'Ted 2'
• Amanda Seyfried (Lovelace) is set to star in Seth MacFarlane‘s upcoming sequel to Ted. Seyfried will join returning star Mark Wahlberg in the upcoming comedy, which continues the story of John Bennett and his crass, foul-mouthed teddy bear (voiced by MacFarlane). As for Mila Kunis, according to Deadline, who broke the news, she will return for Ted 2 but in a much smaller role. [Deadline]
• Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Don Jon) will play Man on Wire aerialist Philippe Petit in the upcoming 3-D film To Walk the Clouds. Robert Zemeckis (Flight) will direct.
• American Hustle‘s Bradley Cooper is slated to star and produce Warner Bros.’ upcoming crime thriller American Blood. The upcoming film is based on a book proposal by Ben Sanders and centers on an ex-NYPD officer-turned-mob informant who’s living in New Mexico under the witness protection program. Things start to go awry when he gets into trouble for investigating the disappearance of a young woman. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• The Mortal Instruments‘ Lily Collins is in talks to star in New Line’s upcoming comedy How to Be Single, with Drew Barrymore (Blended) co-producing the project alongside Nancy Juvonen. Based on the book by Liz Tuccillo, Collins will play a woman living in New York who is looking for love. [Variety]
• The Da Vinci Code‘s Audrey Tautou will star alongside Melanie Laurent (Inglorious Basterds) and Berenice Bejo (The Artist) in Cyclo director Tran Anh Hung‘s upcoming Eternity. The film is adapted from French writer Alice Ferney’s novella L’Elegance des veuves, which spans from the late 19th century to the 20th century and tells the story of three generations of women and their children. Filming on the production is set to start this summer in France. [Variety]
• Debra Winger (Terms of Endearment), Eddie Izzard (Ocean’s Thirteen), Josh Lucas (Sweet Home Alabama), and Kevin McHale (Glee) are joining a Boychoir. The project, directed by Francois Girard (The Red Violin), is about a 12-year-old boy who attends a school built around its choir and will be headlined by the already-announced Dustin Hoffman and Kathy Bates. [THR]
• Brittany Snow (Pitch Perfect) and William H. Macy (Fargo) are in talks for the indie Dial-a-Prayer, directed by Maggie Kiley (We Own the Night). Snow would play a woman who volunteers at a prayer request call center. [THR]
• Ray Liotta (Goodfellas) is going back to the Mob — but instead of an Italian crime family, this film is about the Indian Mafia. In the Rohit Karn Batra-directed thriller, set in New Delhi, Liotta plays an arms dealer. [THR]