Casting Net: LeBron James for 'Space Jam 2'?
• LeBron James is getting ready to make his big-screen debut (not as Bane). The NBA superstar could be starring in a Warner Bros. sequel to the 1996 film Space Jam, that Dick Ebersol’s sons — Charlie and Willie — are developing. Michael Jordan appeared in the first film, which grossed $90.4 million domestically and earned a D+ review from EW. In her review, Lisa Schwartzbaum called it an “87-minute novelty act that grew out of a TV commercial for sneakers.” [Deadline]
• Saturday Night Live alum Colin Quinn has joined Judd Apatow‘s Trainwreck, starring Amy Schumer and Bill Hader. Short Term 12‘s Brie Larson is also in talks to star. [The Wrap]
• Holliday Grainger (A&E’s Bonnie and Clyde) is in talks to star in Tulip Fever, opposite Anna Karenina‘s Alicia Vikander and Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained). Justin Chadwick (Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom) is set to direct the adaptation of Deborah Moggach‘s novel about a woman who begins an affair with the artist she commissions to paint her portrait. [The Wrap]
• Jack O’Connell, who is starring in Angelina Jolie‘s adaptation of Unbroken, is in final negotiations to play a spy in Universal’s WWI-era thriller Section 6. [The Wrap]
• Alessandro Nivola (American Hustle) will join Oscar Isaac, Jessica Chastain, and Albert Brooks in A Most Violent Year, from All Is Lost director J.C. Chandor. [Deadline]
• David Henrie (who plays the son on How I Met Your Mother) has joined the cast of Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. He’ll play a valet attendant with a crush on Blart’s (Kevin James) daughter (Raini Rodriguez). [THR]
Space Jam: A New Legacy (2021 Movie)