Casting Net: Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart back for 'Olympus' sequel?
• Olympus Has Fallen may have fizzled critically (EW gave Antoine Fuqua’s action pic a C), but Millennium Films is hoping to get traction on a sequel, called London Has Fallen. The $70 million pic made about $98.9 million domestically for a worldwide total of $161 million. Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, and Morgan Freeman are expected to reprise their roles from the first film. Fuqua (Training Day) will not be returning to direct, but they will use the same screenwriting team from the first film. Shooting on the sequel is already set for May 2014, and the plot will center on a terrorist attack planned during the funeral of the British prime minister. Angela Bassett and Radha Mitchell are also expected to return. [Screen Daily; The Wrap]
• Frank Grillo (Gangster Squad, End of Watch) will play a former Wall Street genius who tries to help the Treasury Department stop a cyber attack on the economy in A Conspiracy on Jekyll Island. Dianna Agron (Glee), Minnie Driver (I Give It a Year), Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl), and Maggie Q (Nikita) are also set for the indie thriller. Aram Rappaport (Syrup, Innocent) is directing off of his own script.
• Sofia Boutella, a little-known French-Algerian actress who has also appeared as a dancer on a Madonna tour, has been cast in Matthew Vaughn‘s The Secret Service with Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Firth. [Deadline]
• British musician Toby Sebastian will play a love interest to Hailee Steinfeld’s character in director Kyle Newman‘s Barely Lethal. Sebastian appeared in an episode of the U.K. miniseries The Hollow Crown. [THR]
• Daveigh Chase (Big Love) has joined Zackary Adler‘s (I’m Reed Fish) indie horror American Romance. Production is currently under way in Idaho. [The Wrap]