Seacrest re-ups for 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
Ryan Seacrest has signed a multi-year deal to continue to host and executive produce Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.
The wunderkind of all things hosting has been involved with the New Year’s program since 2005 and became the sole host for the first time last year, after Dick Clark’s passing in April 2012. The 2013 broadcast was the most-watched New Year’s special ever, bringing in 22.6 million viewers.
Dick Clark Production announced the multi-year deal today, though they did not elaborate on exactly how many years that would span. The show’s lengthy (and apostrophe-filled) title seems likely to stay the same as a tribute to its original host. The show will continue to be broadcast on Dec. 31 on ABC.
In the announcement of his extended deal, Seacrest said, “I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.” Of his fellow executive producer, Allen Shapiro, and the Dick Clark Productions team, he said, “I’m humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver.”