CSI: 10 of its most intriguing guest stars
CBS will air the 300th episode of CSI tonight, so to mark the milestone we’ve reviewed the hundreds of actors who have crawled inside the yellow tape (Melinda Clarke, yes! Carrot Top, no!) to create this gallery of the drama’s 10 most intriguing guest stars.
1. Justin Bieber. The singer appeared in episodes 1101 and 1115 as troubled teen Jason McCann, which led to star Marg Helgenberger calling him “kind of a brat” to a French magazine. (Um, he supposedly locked a producer in a closet). At least he was shot in the end.
2. Chris Evert. It’s been rare, but the drama has called upon athletes to appear in its version of Sin City. (Pro golfer Rocco Mediate, of all people, even made an appearance). Last season, the tennis great got to play herself and appear opposite her real-life friend Elisabeth Shue in episode 1312, titled “Double Fault.”
3. Danny Bonaduce. The show definitely went on a Partridge Family kick. First there was appearances by Bonaduce, who appeared in episodes 701, 702 and 710 as a killer named Izzy Delancey. And then there was …
4. David Cassidy, who played Peter Coe in episode 1316 called “Last Woman Standing.” Sadly, no word on whether Susan Dey will ever join in on the fun.
5. John Mayer. CSI also had this thing for singers, which included Mayer playing himself in episode 701, “Built to Kill: Part 1.” And let’s not forget ….
6. Roger Daltrey, who together with his fellow members of The Who, is responsible for CSI’s opening title music. In return, the crooner got to play mobster Mickey Dunn in episode 709 titled “Living Legend.” He was followed up by …
7. Ozzy Osbourne and the members of Black Sabbath, who played themselves in episode 1322, “Skin In the Game.” Enough already? (Unless, of course, they want to make a perp out of Miley Cyrus).
8. Tony Curtis. Lots of oldies but goodies have done stints on the crime drama. Besides Ann-Margret, Faye Dunaway, Tippi Hedren, and Tim Conway, there was Curtis, who played himself in “Grave Danger: Volume 1,” episode 524.
9. Liev Schreiber. The X-Men actor left an indelible mark when he appeared in episodes as Michael Keppler. If only he was still investigating crimes and not playing a fixer on Showtime’s Ray Donovan.
10. Melinda Clarke. The gorgeous actress appeared in six episodes as the memorable Lady Heather, starting with episode 208 and ending with episode 1119. If only she’d come back …. and bring William Peterson with her.