EW's 'Breaking Bad' playlist: Stream our Spotify playlist here!
The series finale of Breaking Bad was an emotionally wrenching hour of last goodbyes, tense showdowns, and an exciting advertisement for the Heisenberg™ Brand Oscillating Sprinkler Machine Gun. It also added three new songs to the AMC drama’s impressive soundtrack catalogue.
The episode kicked off with Walt White setting off on his mission of vengeance to the strain of Marty Robbins’ “El Paso.” It ended with “Baby Blue,” the song by Badfinger that begins with the quite appropriate words “Guess I got what I deserved.” (According to Spotify, “Baby Blue” saw its streams jump 9K percent following the finale.) And don’t forget about the newest addition to Todd’s Ringtone Library: “Lydia the Tattooed Lady,” originally sung by the Marx Brothers in At the Circus.
To help you decompress from the finale, EW has put together a Spotify playlist featuring those three songs and an assortment of other tunes from throughout the show’s history. Who can forget Walt singing along to America’s “A Horse With No Name”? Or Gus Fring marching to his death to the tune of Apparat’s “Goodbye”? Not to mention the immortal ballad of Heisenberg, “Negro y Azul.” (“Ese compa ya esta muerto Nomas no le han avisado.” Truer words? Never spoken.) Alas, TwaüghtHammër is not on Spotify, but you can listen to the rest of the songs below.
Here’s the full list of songs for you non-Spotify users:
1. Out of Time Man — Mick Harvey
2. Negro y Azul — Los Cuates de Sinaloa
3. A Horse with No Name — America
4. Shambala — Beastie Boys
5. Major Tom (Coming Home) – The Karaoke Channel (originally Peter Schilling)
6. Goodbye — Apparat
7. Black — Danger Mouse, Daniele Luppo (feat. Norah Jones)
8. Crystal Blue Persuasian — Tommy James and the Shondells
9. She Blinded Me With Science — Thomas Dolby
10. Times Are Getting Hard — The Limeliters
11. El Paso — Marty Robbins
12. Lydia the Tattooed Lady — Groucho Marx and Bing Crosby
13. Baby Blue — Badfinger