Casting Net: Elizabeth Olsen for 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'?
• Elizabeth Olsen is reportedly in talks to play Wanda Maximoff (also known as the Scarlet Witch) in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron. The Marvel character is the offspring of Magneto (an X-Men character and Fox property) and boasts the ability to reshape reality and alter probabilities. Olsen broke out in the independent world with her role in Martha Marcy May Marlene, but it seems like she has broader, more mainstream plans — she recently wrapped Godzilla and will be appearing in Spike Lee’s Oldboy remake. [Bleeding Cool]
• In more Marvel news, Bradley Cooper is in early talks to voice the part of Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy, which is currently in production in London with a large ensemble cast, including Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana. [The Wrap; Latino Review]
• West Wing favorite Richard Schiff will make his way back to D.C. to play the editor of The Washington Post in Kill the Messenger, starring Jeremy Renner as the journalist Gary Webb. [The Wrap]
• Domhnall Gleeson (Anna Karenina) is set to star in Angelina Jolie‘s adaptation of Laura Hillenbrand‘s Unbroken about real-life Olympian and WWII vet Louis Zamperini (Jack O’Connell). Gleeson will play the part of Phil, one of Zamperini’s brothers in arms who must survive on a raft in the Pacific Ocean for 47 days (before reaching a Japanese prison camp). All My Children actor Finn Wittrock is also in talks to join the pic. [Deadline]
• Tree of Life and Mud star Tye Sheridan has joined The Forger, from director Philip Martin. Sheridan will play the son of the former art prodigy and now-imprisoned Ray Cutter (John Travolta). Ray tries to buy his way out of prison to be with his son, and must complete “one last job” before they can be reunited.
• David Clennon (thirtysomething) will play Rand Elliot, Amy’s (Rosamund Pike) father in the big-screen adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl. Ben Affleck also stars as Amy’s husband. [Deadline]