Casting Net: Anna Kendrick in talks for 'Into the Woods'; Plus Felicity Jones, more
• Anna Kendrick (Up in the Air)is in talks to play Cinderella in Disney’s adaptation of the musical Into the Woods, not to be confused with Disney’s live-action adaptation of Cinderella. That version of the glass-slippered heroine will be played by Lily James. In Into the Woods, Kendrick would be part of a larger ensemble and paired with a prince played by Chris Pine (Star Trek Into Darkness). Kendrick showed off her singing skills on film in 2012’s Pitch Perfect, but has been performing in musicals since she was a child. [THR]
• Daniel Huttleston, who played the role of Gavroche in Tom Hooper’s Les Misérables, is also in negotiations to join Into the Woods. Though the 13-year-old English actor is already somewhat of a stage veteran, Into the Woods would be only his second film appearance. [Deadline]
• Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) has joined the cast of Theory of Everything, the Stephen Hawking biopic starring Eddie Redmayne (Les Misérables) as the theoretical physicist. Jones will play the part of Hawking’s first wife Jane who stayed with him from 1965 until their divorce in 1991. Man on Wire director James Marsh is set to helm the project. Jones is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and recently wrapped Ralph Fiennes’s The Invisible Woman where she plays a young woman who enters into a relationship with a much older Charles Dickens. [Deadline]
• Arnold Schwarzenegger has decided to take on some zombies in Maggie, a Black List script about a dad who tries to help his infected daughter. Chole Moretz was reportedly circling the daughter role at one point, but those talks have ended. Henry Hobson will direct. [Variety]
• Two-time Tony winner Mark Rylance (Anonymous) will play a bad guy in Pierre Morel’s action pic The Gunman, starring Sean Penn, Javier Bardem, and Idris Elba. Italian actress Jasmine Trinca (The Best of Youth) is the only female cast in the film at this point. [THR]
Follow Lindsey on Twitter: @ldbahr.