Fox announces finale dates, summer shows
UPDATE: Fox amended some season finale dates today. New Girl and The Mindy Project will air finales May 14, while Kitchen Nightmares and Touch will finish May 10.
Originally posted Feb. 28, 2013:
Fox is already preparing for the end of its season and the start of its summer one. Here are the dates of what’s leaving (for now) and what is coming back (or premiering).
- Kitchen Nightmares — April 5
- Bones and The Following — April 29
- COPS — May 4
- New Girl and The Mindy Project — May 7
- Glee — May 9
- American Dad — May 12
- Two-night American Idol finale — May 15-16
- One hour finales of The Cleveland Show, The Simpsons, Family Guy — May 19
And here are its plans for summer:
- The workplace reality series Does Someone Have to Go — previews May 15 and premieres May 23. Here’s the Fox description: The boardroom doors get blown wide open when employees are given the power to make some tough decisions. Frustrated bosses will hand over the reins of their companies to the employees, offering their respective staffs a chance to make changes in the workplace – even if it means letting co-workers go. Each participating office will have its own set of issues, which will force them to take a hard look at what’s plaguing their workplace and answer the toughest question of all: Does someone have to go?
- So You Think You Can Dance — May 14.
- Premiere of The Goodwin Games — May 20. It stars Scott Foley (Felicity), Becki Newton (Ugly Betty) and T.J. Miller (Our Idiot Brother) and follows three estranged siblings who return home after the loss of their beloved father (Beau Bridges). They unexpectedly find themselves poised to inherit more than $20 million – if, and only if, they can adhere to their late father’s wishes.
- Masterchef –– May 22
- Premiere of Animation Domination High-Def — July 27. Fox will air an alternative animated programming block on Saturdays featuring a number of new quarter-hour animated series.