Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson top Forbes' list of highest-grossing onscreen couples
When it comes to love stories, the folks at Forbes have come to a shocking conclusion: Vampires rule.
Forbes has released a list of Hollywood’s Highest-Grossing Romantic Couples (onscreen), and the results include the usual suspects. Far and away the most popular romantic movie of the last three years (the length of time Forbes measured) was the Twilight franchise, making Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson the top-earning pairing.The duo’s offscreen relationship — and the ensuing media frenzy — probably didn’t hurt things. In addition, Twilight had an advantage of having more than one film open over the past three years, but even if the grosses weren’t combined, they would have won the award. As it is, the Twilight movies have brought in over 1.17 billion dollars the last three years, trouncing all other competitors.
In the battle for the rest, Channing Tatum was great news for romantic films. The Vow, co-starring Rachel McAdams, was enough for that duo to earn second place with 125 million; Tatum also got on the list at number six for Dear John with Amanda Seyfried. Other top earners included Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler ($103 million for Just Go With It) as well as real-life couple Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth in The Last Song ($63 million).
Check out the top ten pairings below:
1. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson 1.17 billion gross at domestic box office
2. Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum: $125 million
3. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler: $103 million
4. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth: $95 million
5. Julianne Moore and Steve Carell: $84 million
6. Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum: $80 million
7. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher: $71 million
8. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth: $63 million
9. Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling: $60 million
10. Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson: $59 million