2012 Black List screenplays announced
Twitter is truly the place for breaking news.
This morning, @TheBlckLst tweeted out the annual honorees for the prestigious 2012 Black List – a survey put together by Hollywood executives that determine the best unproduced screenplays. Past titles have included Slumdog Millionaire and The King’s Speech. More than 290 executives participated in this year’s survey.
This marks the first time the list — which has been announced annually since 2005 — was released via Twitter. According to the feed, 37.1% of the 78 scripts on this year’s list do not yet have a producer attached, and 69.2% of the scripts on this year’s list do not yet have financing in place.
Check out the top 10 (of most mentions) below:
10. Devils at Play by James DiLapo
9. Me & Earl & the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews (tie)
8. Glimmer by Carter Blanchard (tie)
7. Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile by Michael Werwie
6. Wunderkind by Patrick Aison
5. Story of Your Life by Eric Heisserer
4. Rodham by Young Il Kim
3. Seuss by Eyal Podell, Jonathan Stewart (tie)
2. A Country of Strangers by Sean Armstrong (tie)
1. Draft Day by Rajiv Joseph, Scott Rothman
For the full list of 78, check out the Twitter feed.