Beyoncé drops out of Clint Eastwood's ''A Star Is Born,'' Paula Abdul serves as guest judge on ''Dancing With the Stars,'' and more
1. Beyoncé drops out of Clint Eastwood’s A Star Is Born
”It’s a loss,” said Eastwood, ”but I’ll huddle with the director’s chair, and I’m sure we’ll find a suitable replacement.”
2. Paula Abdul serves as guest judge on Dancing With the Stars
Totally not planned, by the way. She wandered onto the set and everyone just went with it.
3. Sarah Palin penning diet and fitness book
She’s finally going to reveal her low-calorie chocolate moose recipe.
4. Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie rip each other during coheadlining gig in Detroit, then have ”ugly” scene backstage
The tour will continue, but they’ll keep their fake blood and Tim Burton DVD collections separate.
5. Michael Bolton to star in ABC pilot Michael Bolton’s Daughter Is Destroying My Life
Finally, a show that your aunt can enjoy both at home and in an elevator.
6. The CW buys J.J. Abrams’ Electropolis, an undercover-cop show about young adults in L.A. ”making their moves to the pulsing beats of electronic music”
Undercover cop busts into rave in warehouse: ”Put your hands up!” [Everyone stops dancing and looks over.] ”In the air, and wave ’em like you just don’t care!” [Everyone starts dancing again.]
7. Billy Ray Cyrus performs on QVC to promote new album
Is it bad we just assumed this was happening all the time?
8. Rick Springfield sings in New York subway to promote new album
And this, too?
9. Fox greenlights pilot for Divorce Hotel, in which bickering spouses check into luxury hotel for the weekend and get divorced by Sunday night
No couples have been chosen yet, but Fox is sending several talent scouts to the televised wedding of The Bachelorette‘s Ashley and J.P.
10. NBC cancels Dane Cook sitcom before it airs; four episodes have been shot
Congrats on building a time machine, NBC. Next time, go back even further!