Hit List: Oct. 12/19, 2012
Justin Bieber throws up on stage, TLC orders more ''Honey Boo Boo,'' and more
1. Lil Wayne scores 109th Hot 100 song on Billboard charts, eclipsing Elvis’ record of 108
Of course, Lil Wayne had two advantages: He’s often featured on other artists’ songs, and he’s been slowed down only by jail, not by bad movies and peanut-butter-banana-and-bacon sandwiches.
2. ABC acquires military singing-competition series
”Drop and give me Matchbox Twenty!”
3. Justin Bieber vomits on stage at first concert on Believe tour, tweets afterward, ”Milk was a bad choice!”
Gotta work your way up to the hard stuff, Biebs. Always start the night right with Enfamil.
4. TLC orders more Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, including holiday specials
Eager to see how they handle Larry the Cable Guy’s birthday and something called Deep Fryday.
5. Ke$ha says she had sex with ghost, wrote song about it for new album
Alas, she kept calling him after their one-night stand, earning her the nickname ”The Phantom Menace” in the spirit community.
6. College-marching-band comedy heads to NBC
Well, they haven’t dotted the i yet, but it’s pretty much official.
7. The Beach Boys jettison three original members from reunion tour
It was done in a very respectful way: While rehearsing ”Fun, Fun, Fun,” Mike Love pointed to each of the three individually and sang, ”Done! Done! Done!”
8. Dina Lohan blames high pollen count for Lindsay’s hospitalization
Needless to say, Lindsay wasn’t pleased to read the next day’s headlines: ”Dina Lohan Attributes Lindsay’s Hospital Stay to Powdery Substance.”
9. 50 Cent tweets four-step plan to curb masturbation (”Step 3: Do not go to strip clubs”)
Step 5: Do not watch his video for ”Candy Shop.” Or ”Definition of Sexy.” Or ”Double Up.” Or any video featuring a pool.
10. Oprah’s OWN announces partnership with Tyler Perry; two series greenlit for 2013
The first is titled Tyler Perry’s Oprah’s Tyler Perry-Oprah Project.