'Parks and Recreation': Exec producer Michael Schur on season 5
Thursday night at 9:30 p.m. on NBC’s Parks and Recreation… Leslie Knope faces her toughest challenge yet as a member of the City Council! Okay, yes, she just started the job, but Leslie (Amy Poehler) does have a big decision to make about a Bloomberg-esque soda tax that’s designed to discourage Pawnee’s residents (first in friendship! fourth in obesity!) from purchasing absurdly oversized sugary drinks. “Her actions have a lot more ramifications and there’s a lot more people involved and a lot more power involved, ” says Parks executive producer Michael Schur. “It’s an early crucible for her to get through and try to figure out whether she has the guts and the fortitude to make it work in the new job. It’s been a long time since Leslie’s been completely at sea and has no idea professionally speaking what to do in a given situation.” To ensure that you’re not completely at sea when it comes to upcoming developments on the show, Schur has kindly provided you with 11 teases for season 5. There’s just one catch: the names of the characters he’s talking about have been omitted. Let the guessing game begin! Oh, and don’t be a Jerry and accidentally read the answer key at the bottom of the page first.
1. “—– has a personal breakthrough thanks to a cowboy hat, and some tough love from —–.”
2. “Champion the three-legged dog may be the only thing that can cheer up —– when he has an emotional breakdown.”
3. “Will —– actually win an award for something? And more importantly, will he care?”
4. “Halloween pranks aren’t always harmless, as —– and —– will learn the hard way.”
5. “—– finds himself contemplating a big career move on the deck of a yacht.”
6. “Why in the world would —– possibly try to destroy a project idea from —–?”
7. “Episode 8 might just be the last we hear from —–.”
8. “—– grabs —–‘s wrist so hard, he’ll think twice about food tray etiquette in the future.”
9. “Can —– read all of “50 Shades of Gray” in one afternoon?”
10. “Of all the people to have thrown a well-attended party, who’d have guessed it’d be —–?
11. “Was —– texting when he got into a minor car accident? How dare you, sir! He was tweeting.”
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
(ANSWERS: 1. Ann/Leslie 2. Chris. 3. Ron 4. Leslie/Ann 5. Ben 6. Leslie/April 7. Burt Macklin 8. Ron/Jean-Ralphio 9. Donna 10. Jerry. 11. Tom)
Parks and Recreation