'Sons of Anarchy' to kill off major character next week
Sons of Anarchy
- TV Show
Only two weeks in and Sons of Anarchy has already packed some pretty painful punches. (RIP, Tig offspring!) Incredibly, Creator Kurt Sutter has only just begun: EW has learned that in Tuesday’s episode, a very important person within the SAMCRO family will die. It’s a primetime certainty!
Hold off on the waterworks, though: We weren’t let in on the character’s identity. But we did manage to persuade a key source within the SOA camp to confirm who may be on the chopping block. Here are six people who are ripe for the picking:
1. Wayne Unser (Dayton Callie). The former chief has terminal cancer, so he could either die a natural death or commit suicide. Then again, he did decide to take the law in his own hands by investigating the strange spate of Charming break-ins. Maybe he’s onto something that someone doesn’t want him to know?
2. Tig Trager (Kim Coates). Damon Pope (Harold Perrineau) probably doesn’t think Tig was adequately punished for driving over his daughter last season — or that he killed two of his boys after escaping from, quite literally, that hell hole. Now that Tig and the boys are in the pokey, will Pope attempt to finish what he started by having someone take him out behind bars?
3. Clay Morrow (Ron Perlman). Who wants SAMCRO’s ex-prexy dead and buried? Let us count the enemies: Gemma, Tig, Jax, Uncer, Opie … It would be a ballsy move by Sutter but SOA doesn’t need Clay to keep the tension alive over the next few seasons.
4. Juice Ortiz (Theo Rossi). He failed to kill himself last year so maybe he’ll try, try again — especially since Eli Roosevelt (Rockmond Dunbar) gave him a sober reminder about the RICO thing still hanging over his head. Or maybe Jax will discover that Juice was the rat so he has him exterminated once and for all.
4. Opie Winston (Ryan Hurst). Poor, put upon Op. Now that pa is dead, he’s got little to live for — and he did leave his kids with the porn star. Will he go on some crazy suicide mission and start another fatal fight with Clay?
6. Tara (Maggie Siff). Hellbent on seeking revenge, Pope may decide to stop wasting his time on Tig and go after a much bigger target — the wife of SAMCRO’s new president. Worse yet, Gemma’s happy mother-in-law facade could be just that — a facade — so she offs Tara to regain control over Jax.
Sons of Anarchy
Kurt Sutter’s original series, starring Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, and Katey Sagal.