Hit List: August 10, 2012
Russell Brand is required to perform community service, Kevin Jonas and his wife feel the pressure to conceive, and more
1. Russell Brand required to perform 20 hours of community service in New Orleans
He’s been given the difficult option of either four days of intense, backbreaking roadwork or watching the first two seasons of Treme.
2. Peter Jackson confirms he’ll draw from J.R.R. Tolkien’s 125 pages of appendices in order to turn The Hobbit into a trilogy
Jackson also noted plans for additional entries The Hobbit 4: Copyright Information Page and The Hobbit 5: A Note About the Font.
3. Kevin Jonas and wife reveal on upcoming reality show Married to Jonas that they’re ”starting to feel that pressure” to have children
Unfortunately, like pandas, Jonases have a hard time mating when everyone’s watching.
4. After two seasons, AMC cancels The Killing
However, the network says fans won’t find out who actually made the decision until next year.
5. The French bulldog that plays Jay’s beloved pet on Modern Family reportedly has been replaced by a canine look-alike
Insiders say this is meant as a subtle warning to the show’s child actors to stop aging so quickly.
6. Rumors are swirling that the iPhone 5 may hit stores in September
When asked about the rumors, Siri responded, ”Sorry, I don’t understand ‘eye foam fight.’ ”
7. The CW hopes to develop a series based on Battle Royale, a Japanese film about teens fighting to the death
They say they got the idea when Jared Padalecki walked into a room filled with Supernatural fangirls.
8. Jonah Lehrer’s book Imagine: How Creativity Works is pulled after he admits fabricating Bob Dylan quotes
He cited Dylan as saying ”Hassafrass a grarble ahooo, baby!” — a far cry from the actual quote, ”Haffrata mmrmble brrmble froo.”
9. Jermaine Jackson reassures fans at concert that despite infighting, the Jackson family ”will heal”
He added, ”It’s easy as A-C-B!”