'Glee' scoop: Inside tomorrow's Whitney Houston tribute episode
Time is wrapping up for the McKinley high seniors on the Fox hit Glee. There’s only a handful of episodes left so fittingly tomorrow night’s episode, “Dance with Somebody,” spends a great deal of time on the core characters preparing for goodbye. The hour also acts as a loving tribute to the recently departed Whitney Houston and has the cast singing solely her hits. EW got its hands on the episode early and—SPOILER ALERT—here are some highlights…
- The episode opens with the cover of “How Will I Know” that hit the Internet last week.
- Kurt wears a hippopotamus man brooch.
- The biggest drama comes from relationship strain between Kurt and Blaine, due to Kurt meeting a flirty gay named Chandler at the music store.
- This leads to Blaine singing an angry “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay” and then Kurt signing an emotional “I Have Nothing.”
- Mr. Schue and Emma debate moving their wedding up to accommodate the graduating seniors.
- Joe and Quinn begin to get much closer and Joe even goes to Sam for sex advice.
- They sing a very romantic “Saving All My Love For You.”
- Sam lifts weights.
- Santana and Brittany do a high-energy “I Wanna Dance with Somebody.”
- Meanwhile, Rachel and Santana perform “So Emotional” and then have a nice moment at their lockers reflecting on their rocky relationship.
- Kurt and Burt have a really lovely moment where Burt reveals just how much he’ll miss his only son; prepare to get misty-eyed.
- Without revealing too much, Burt isn’t the only one worried about the seniors moving on from McKinley; there’s a lot of empty nest feelings going around.
- New Directions covers my fave Whitney Houston song “My Love is Your Love” that loyal Gleek fans will love; it also might draw tears… in a good way.
Follow Tim on Twitter: @EWTimStack