'Harry Potter' star, Leonardo DiCaprio in Casting Net
• Leonardo DiCaprio is officially set to step into the loafers of ’80s wheeler-dealer-turned-federal-inmate Jordan Belfort for Martin Scorsese‘s The Wolf of Wall Street now that the film has acquired its financing. For more information on Wall Street, see Adam Markovitz’s post.
•DiCaprio is also eying Alejandro González Iñárritu-helmed The Revenant, about an 1820s bear mauling. [Vulture]
• Emergency responders have never been so sexy! Halle Berry picks up the phone as a 911 call center operator in The Hive. TV stalwart Brad Anderson (Fringe, Boardwalk Empire) will direct Berry, whose character must overcome her fears to save a teen from a psycopath. [Variety]
• Hugh Jackman is also getting his thrills in Prisoners, directed by Denis Villeneuve (Incendies). Jackman’s character is a small-town carpenter who seeks vigilante justice when his daughter and her best friend are kidnapped.
• Rupert Grint and Chloe Moretz are in talks to join The Drummer, a biopic about Beach Boys percussionist Dennis Wilson. Aaron Eckhart will portray Wilson, Vera Farmiga will play Fleetwood Mac member Christine McVie, who dated Wilson fro 1979-1981. Moretz is meant to play Wilson’s daughter Jennifer, and Grint plays Stan Shapiro, a William Morris mailroom boy who became Wilson’s friend late in the rocker’s life. [Variety]
• It’ll be leisure suits and platform boots for Clive Owen and Billy Crudup, who have inked deals to star in ’70s thriller Blood Ties, directed by Guillaume Canet. Marion Cotillard (who has a child with Canet), Mila Kunis, James Caan, and Zoe Saldana are also Tied to the project. [THR]
• Nathan Fillion is taking over the role of Hermes in Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters. Dylan Neal played the role in the first Percy installment. Headliner Logan Lerman, Jake Abel, Alexandra Daddario, and Brandon T. Jackson are all returning. [THR]
• Mickey Rourke, Anthony Michael Hall, and Danny Trejo will be Dead in Tombstone. Trejo plays the leader of a gang of outlaws, who makes a deal with the Devil (Rourke) to come back to life after freeing his double-crossing half-brother (Hall) from prison. [Deadline]
• Indie biopic Snake and Mongoose has castGrey’s Anatomy regular Jesse Williams and Dragonball: Evolution‘s Richard Blake to play drag racers Don “The Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “Mongoose” McEwen. [Variety]