Casting Net: Tina Fey, Michael Fassbender, Colin Farrell's next projects
• Tina Fey is going back to college for Admission, a dramedy about a college admissions counselor who strikes up a possible romance with a man she barely knew from school — a role Paul Rudd is currently circling. Paul Weitz (About a Boy, Being Flynn) will direct the Focus Features project from the script by Karen Croner (One True Thing). [The Los Angeles Times]
• Colin Farrell is negotiating to star in Arthur & Lancelot, a contemporary take on the classic tale from writer-director David Dobkin (Wedding Crashers). Two months ago, Warner Bros. put the project on indefinite hold due to budget concerns, causing Kit Harington (Game of Thrones) and Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) to drop out of the respective title roles. Now it appears the project has been resurrected. [Variety]
• The ever-busy Michael Fassbender is in early talks to star in the romance The Mountain Between Us, about two people who survive a plane crash in the Rocky Mountains and fall in love as they struggle for survival. The female role is not yet cast. Based on the Charles Martin novel, the 20th Century Fox project will be helmed by Gerardo Naranjo (Miss Bala). [Variety]
• Jeremy Irons is in final talks to join Beautiful Creatures, writer-director Richard LaGravenese‘s long awaited feature adaptation of the best-selling YA novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Alcon Entertainment announced today. Irons will play the reclusive uncle of Lena (Alice Englert), a girl with enigmatic powers she’s trying to hide from Ethan (Jack O’Connell), the boy who falls in love with her. Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Emmy Rossum,and Thomas Mann round out the cast.
• Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis have joined Relanxious, as two highly neurotic people who can only date by talking on the phone about what they would be doing if they were actually dating. Brie Larson (21 Jump Street) has signed on to play Wilde’s sister, while Fred Armisen will play Sudeikis’ buddy. Newcomer Christopher Storer is making his directing debut from his own script. [Deadline]