Readers' New Year's pop-culture resolutions
Some New Year’s resolutions are easier to keep than others. That’s why we here at EW like to make pop-culture resolutions. Check out some of our vows for 2012 here, and please, offer your own below. We’ll pick our favorites and turn them into a gallery for all to see and hold you to. You only need one goal, but I’ll offer a few to get us started. In 2012:
• I will not allow a smartass stranger to spook me when I leave the movie theater after seeing The Woman in Black as I did in when I left a London theater after seeing the play in 1996.
• I will have at least one conversation about John Carter and Battleship star Taylor Kitsch in which the word “hair” is not used. He deserves that.
• I will lower the number of Bon Jovi songs in my Top 25 Most Played list from three to one (“This Ain’t a Love Song”). Sorry, “It’s My Life” and “Runaway.” I just can’t.
• I will not let anything get in the way of my seeing George Jones live for the first time.
• I will not get so vicariously embarrassed for women on The Bachelor that I hide my head in a pillow, beat the couch with a pillow, or toss a pillow across the room.