'Glee': Sex-themed episode, 'The First Time,' is a game-changer
Gleeks you MUST tune in for next week’s episode of Glee, called “The First Time.” It’s without a doubt one of Glee‘s best installments ever and features two popular couples on the show having sex for the first time.
SPOILER ALERT! STOP READING IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR DETAILS!
The couples losing their virginity? Finn and Rachel and…Kurt and Blaine! Yep, the couple — who was featured on the cover of EW’s Gay Teens on TV issue — finally decide to take the next step in their relationship. It’s all handled very delicately and is incredibly moving. I can’t think of another network series that’s taken a teenage gay relationship so far or been so progressive. The moment is instigated when another teen, Warbler member Sebastian (Grant Gustin), aggressively pursues Blaine. The trio actually have a very amusing triple date to West Lima’s only gay bar Scandals and run into none other than Karofsky (Max Adler). Look for a great moment between Karofsky and Kurt.
As for what else fans can expect:
• Beiste gets a new love interest played by Eric Bruskotter.
• Santana, Puck, Brittany, Quinn and Mike do an amazing version of West Side Story‘s “America.”
• Mike’s parents resurface, and his father isn’t exactly thrilled at his son pursuing the arts.
• Finn gets some bad news about his post-high school plans.
• Artie discovers a new passion.
• The Warblers do a great cover of Billy Joel’s “Uptown Girl” (shown in the above photo).
All in all, an exceptional episode. If you’ve tuned out of Glee this season for one reason or another, “The First Time” is a reason to rediscover the Fox series.
Follow Tim on Twitter: @EWTimStack
Read more on Glee:
Jane Lynch, Lea Michele, and high school anxiety star in Fox’s campy musical.