Occupy Wall Street: 'SNL' alum Victoria Jackson visits. Hilarity ensues?
Celebrities have been visiting the Occupy Wall Street protests for the last few days now, with the aim of supporting the effort and cheering the demonstrators.
Former Saturday Night Live star Victoria Jackson, however, had a different reason for going. In a lengthy YouTube video, Jackson — a born-again Christian and outspoken Obama critic — traveled to downtown Manhattan to, in her words, “ask the protestors what they’re protesting. I think they are against capitalism and I think capitalism is a great thing.”
She basically ended up speaking with one bespectacled protestor. Here are just a few of her questions, presented verbatim:
1. “Don’t the rich people — aren’t they the ones that create all the jobs? Poor people don’t create jobs.”
2. “So you’re not concerned that [Obama] is a Marxist?”
3. “So if socialism is so good, why does everyone around the world come to our country?”
4. “So right now 50 percent of Americans pay taxes, and 50 percent do not. So if everyone gets free stuff, who’s going to pay for it?”
5. “Okay, you want to everyone to be equal? How are you going make everyone equal in good looks and smart brains? Everyone’s not created equal.”
I mean, regardless of your politics, that’s just some solid comedy, right? Check out the full exchange below. Personally, I think it runs on just a bit longer than your average draggy SNL sketch, but what do you make of it? [HuffPo]
Follow Adam on Twitter @adambvary