Charlie Sheen says he's been in talks to return to 'Two and a Half Men'
Could Charlie Sheen return to Two and a Half Men this fall?
As unlikely as a reconciliation may seem after all the viscous insults he’s hurled against his former employer Warner Bros. and Men showrunner Chuck Lorre — not to mention his $100 million lawsuit against both parties — the Warlock claims he’s been in talks to get his old job back.
“There’s been discussions, but I was asked not to divulge anything,” he told Boston radio station WBZ-FM on Tuesday night. “Had they told me at the end of season 8 that that behavior wasn’t going to be cool, I would have adjusted it.”
Sheen also suggested he’s not receiving money for his back-end participation on the hit show. “I’m supposed to [be getting paid], but that’s — what’s the term? — being withheld,” Sheen said.
The actor’s exodus from primetime production likewise hasn’t helped CBS. Freshman hit Mike & Molly was posting strong ratings after original episodes of Two and a Half Men earlier this season, but fell to a series low Monday night after CBS tried out the show in the Men slot. Last month there were unconfirmed reports that CBS chief Les Moonves wanted Sheen back if the actor could work out his issues with Warner Bros. and Lorre.
Meanwhile Sheen returned to the Radio City Music Hall stage on Sunday night after Friday’s epic bombing and, well, at least he wasn’t booed. “Friday night got a little hijacked, because I let people get into my magic f—in’ brain,” he reportedly said.