Image Credit: Greg Gayne/NBC; Justin Lubin/NBC; Brian Bowen Smith/Fox; Mitchell Haaseth/NBC; Bob D’Amico/ABC (2)Last week, PopWatch asked readers to name the TV character they’d date in real life. After tallying more than 2,000 nominations (yes, we read them all), we’re ready to take it to a vote. We’ve put your top picks — 25 men, and 29 women (there was a tie for that last spot) — in two polls below. Vote now through Tuesday at midnight ET. Come back Friday when we’ll reveal the results. Remember: You can’t change anything about the character you’re picking, other than that he or she will no longer have feelings for his or her show love interest. (Second rule: Do not feel guilty.) Note: The order the characters are listed in the polls below is how they ranked during the first round, when you could be indecisive. What will happen when you can only pick one?
Some fun tidbits from the nomination round:
• Gentlemen just missing the short round: Grey’s Anatomy‘s Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey), Sons of Anarchy‘s Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam), Smallville‘s Clark Kent (Tom Welling), Friday Night Lights‘ Tim Riggins (Taylor Kitsch), Parks and Recreation‘s Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt), NCIS‘s Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), Greek‘s Cappie (Scott Michael Foster), Community‘s Jeff Winger (Joel McHale), White Collar‘s Peter Burke (Tim DeKay), Psych‘s Burton Guster (Dulé Hill), Criminal Minds‘ Aaron Hotchner (Thomas Gibson), Friday Night Lights’ Matt Saracen (Zach Gilford), CSI‘s Nick Stokes (George Eads), and Hawaii Five-0‘s Danny” “Danno” Williams (Scott Caan).
• After Will, Blaine (Darren Criss) was the most popular Glee guy.
• Fifteen of you were willing to gamble on Mad Men‘s Don Draper (Jon Hamm), while 11 of you were fine dating Dexter’s Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), a serial killer.
• To those of you who thought you were alone in choosing Community‘s Abed Nadir (Danny Pudi): you weren’t. There were eight of you.
• Ladies just missing the short round: True Blood‘s Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll), Burn Notice‘s Fiona Glenanne (Gabrielle Anwar), Bones‘ Angela Montenegro (Michaela Conlin), and NCIS‘ Abby Sciuto (Pauley Perrette).