Charlie Sheen enters rehab, 'Two and a Half Men' goes on hiatus
Charlie Sheen has entered rehab, his rep tells EW. “Charlie Sheen has voluntarily entered an undisclosed rehabilitation center today. He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern. Mr. Sheen asks that his privacy be respected at this time and that no additional information will be provided,” the rep says in a statement.
CBS also released a statement saying Two and a Half Men will go on production hiatus, following the news. “We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision,” the network says in a statement.
The actor was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital Thursday with “severe abdominal pains.” His rep blamed “a hernia condition.” He was released later that evening. Earlier this month, Sheen reportedly went on a bender with porn stars in Las Vegas, leading CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler to address Sheen’s health at a press conference: “We have a high level of concern. How can we not?” she said. EW previously reported that reps from CBS and Warner Bros. Television approached the star with a plan to temporarily halt production so he could seek professional help; Sheen initially had turned down the offer.