Image Credit: Wilson WebbWe’re now mere hours away from the Academy Award nominations. You can check me out tomorrow morning on Oscar.com at 8:30 am Eastern/5:30 am Pacific where I’ll react live to the announcement with Road to the Oscars host Chris Harrison (I have many Bachelor questions for him). Until then, let’s guess what tomorrow’s biggest surprises might be. Here are some unexpected outcomes that may have us all talking. These are not necessarily predictions, just things that could happen.
1. The Academy nominates True Grit‘s Hailee Steinfeld in the Best Actress category despite her supporting campaign.
2. Blue Valentine earns surprise nods for Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams (a man can dream!).
3. Biutiful‘s Javier Bardem knocks out Get Low‘s Robert Duvall for the fifth Best Actor slot.
4. Winter’s Bone costar John Hawkes bumps out The Social Network‘s Andrew Garfield in Best Supporting Actor.
5. Another Year‘s Lesley Manville scores a surprise nomination…for Best Supporting Actress.
6. The Coen brothers snag a Best Director slot over DGA nominee David O. Russell.
7. A movie outside the Broadcast Critics, Producers Guild, and AFI lists — possibly Another Year or Shutter Island — lands a Best Picture nomination.
8. Both Mila Kunis and Barbara Hershey score supporting actress nods for Black Swan.
9. Julianne Moore joins her Kids Are All Right costar in the Best Actress race.
10. Black Swan ties The King’s Speech for the most nominations with 11.
Which surprise are you most hoping to hear tomorrow morning?