Charlie Sheen files extortion lawsuit against Capri Anderson
Charlie Sheen filed a lawsuit Monday against Capri Anderson, alleging that the adult film actress tried to extort $1 million from the Two and a Half Men star after their “consensual encounter” at New York City’s Plaza Hotel last month, according to People.com. The lawsuit, which was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court and first reported by TMZ.com, describes Anderson as a “publicity-hungry scam artist,” and alleges that she “fabricated a sensational tale about being assaulted, battered, and held against will.” The lawsuit also alleges that Anderson threatened to go to the media if Sheen didn’t pay up. According to the suit, Sheen never assaulted, battered, or threatened Anderson, whose real name is Christina Walsh. The suit also says that Anderson told New York police that Sheen acted “like a total gentleman,” and alleges that she stole the TV star’s $165,000 watch.
Anderson appeared on Good Morning America on Monday and told George Stephanopoulos that Sheen grabbed her neck and threatened to kill her while she was in the actor’s hotel room. Anderson has filed a criminal complaint with the New York Police Department. Her attorney, Keith M. Davidson, told People.com that an extortion attempt “never happened.”