Image Credit: Mitchell Haaseth/NBC; Kirsty Griffin/Starz; Art Streiber/NBC; Paul Drinkwater/NBC…here are my top 10 favorite EW memories, with a few exclusive scoops and spoilers mixed in.
SCOOP: This Parks and Recreation casting coup is made of pure win: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Indie goddess Parker Posey has been tapped to guest star as an old rival of Leslie’s (Amy Poehler) who works in the snooty, richer town next to Pawnee. NBC, please put my favorite comedy back on the air, like, yesterday.
10. Getting assaulted at Comic-Con by the cast of Spartacus: Blood and Sand (below).
SPOILER: Look for Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Gaby’s (Minka Kelly) relationship on Parenthood to evolve to the point where it puts him at odds with brother Adam.
9. Getting assaulted at Comic-Con by the cast of Community (below).
8. The premiere of Ausiello TV!
SCOOP: The best way to stay abreast (tee-hee, I said breast) of my life and career post-EW is to join my brand new Facebook page. Do it. Now.
7. My Katherine Heigl cover story. We ate crudite and sipped white wine on her second-floor balcony for chrissakes! I’m also really proud of the story.
SPOILER: 30 Rock‘s Christmas episode will flash back to show us a Young Liz having a heated exchange with a mall Santa.
6. This House exclusive.
SPOILER: Parenthood‘s Adam/Sarah/Gordon “triangle” comes to a head at the Braverman’s Thanksgiving celebration. Per a source, things get ugly during the family’s traditional touch football game.
5. The finale of Ausiello TV.
SCOOP: ABC’s decision to order four additional episodes of Brothers & Sisters has exec producer David Marshall Grant feeling optimistic about the show going another season. “I’m starting to get indications that this is not the end,” he tells me. “I’m living with the hope that we might have another season.”
4. My weekend in Dillon, TX.
SCOOP: New details are leaking out about the new girlfriend Tommy (Balthazar Getty) will be bringing home on Brothers & Sisters in early ’11. Rose is described as a spirited and polished Italian-American real estate agent who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. I smell fireworks at the Walker dinner table!
3. Talking merkins with Lucy Lawless (below).
SPOILER: This Sunday’s Boardwalk Empire features M.L.A. (major lesbian action).
2. My afternoon in Pawnee.
1. Walking into the EW offices for the first time as an employee on July 2, 2008.
Thanks for the memories!