Excess Hollywood: Johnny Galecki lands 'I'm.Mortal'
- Big Bang Theory‘s Johnny Galecki has signed on to star in sci-fi I’m.Mortal — co-starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried — a film about a future in which the rich can live forever after the aging gene is shut off, while the poor have to negotiate for survival. Where does “Soft Kitty” figure into all of this? [THR]
- Raise your hopes for an awesome reunion! Former My Name is Earl star Jason Lee is set to star in an upcoming episode of Raising Hope, Fox’s sitcom created by Earl‘s Greg Garcia. Lee will play a washed-up rocker named Smokey Daniels who is hired to perform at a supermarket rock concert. [Deadline]
- News that makes us plotz: Richard Dreyfuss is heading off-Broadway to star in Imagining Heschel, a show that revolves around conversations between Cardinal Augustin Bea and Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel in 1960s and 1970s. [Variety]
- Why the (happy) face? Why, Fox announced via press release that it has acquired syndication rights to ABC’s hit Modern Family!
- Richard Branson is in negotiations to acquire Columbus, a film in the same vein as 300 — but centered on Christopher Columbus’ discovery of America — that has McG attached as director. Somehow, I can’t imagine this shirtless. (But it’s Javier Bardem’s role to turn down, no?) [Deadline]
- House executive producer Greg Yaitanes is considering adapting Lisa Lutz’s The Spellman Files for ABC. The book centers around a family of private investigators, a life that would suck if you ever wanted to sneak home your friend’s dad’s dirty magazines. [Variety]
- Magnet announced via press release that it has acquired The Troll Hunter, a film from John M. Jacobsen and Sveinung Golimo about Day Man a group of film students attempting to catch real-life trolls on film. These guys already did it, though.