Tom Selleck, Stephen Colbert, and Rihanna made pop culture news this week
· Give Tom Selleck’s mustache a raise. It’s saving Friday-night TV!
· Check out Wake Up! — John Legend and the Roots’ album of civil rights anthems. Good for the ears and the mind.
· Best performance by a piece of fruit (fresh category): the watermelon that slammed into the face of The Amazing Race contestant
· The undeniable charm of Meghan McCain as a talk-show guest
· Katy Perry: SeXXXame Street
· You’ve already seen this photo from an upcoming Grey’s Anatomy episode on page 29, but it’s worth repeating.
· There is a God and his name is J.J. Abrams: The Lost creator is reuniting Terry O’Quinn and Michael Emerson in a new TV show.
· Best performance by a piece of fruit (frozen category): the passion fruit sorbet that wouldn’t set and caused Seth on Top Chef: Just Desserts to lose his marbles
· Keri, we’re saying this ’cause we love you, but we’d hightail it out of Running Wilde too, if we were you.
· ABC announces The Bachelor: Contractually Obligated to Find Love This Time Around
· Betty White: Okay, we love her too, but this is getting a little out of hand.
· The Medallion of Power on Survivor
· Rihanna: No
· Scrubs: The Season That Nobody Watched. Now available for you to ignore on DVD.
· Stephen Colbert-in-D.C. fatigue
· The owner of the company that makes Segways dies…in a Segway-related accident.
· According to TLC’s Sister Wives, polygamists are just like you — only more boring.
· This headline: ”Victoria Beckham Wants to Celebrate a Woman’s Curves”