This week's cover: We pick the 5 best new shows in our Fall TV Preview
After sitting through pilot after pilot after pilot, TV critic extraordinaire Ken Tucker has locked in his picks for the five best new shows of the fall season, and his bold selections lead off Entertainment Weekly‘s new Fall TV Preview issue. What made the cut? Here’s a hint for each: one’s a remake, one deals with prohibition, one’s a cop show, one’s a comedy, and one may have simply conned its way on to the list. (Post your guesses as to the five shows in the comments below.)
But Ken’s list is merely the appetizer before a main course that delivers juicy nuggets of info on every single network show (both new and returning), as well as several of your cable favorites. Among the scoop we’ll be serving:
• All the new twists, turns, and tunes you’ll be seeing and hearing this season on Glee. (Rachel and Finn, together again?)
• The skinny on Jennifer Aniston reuniting with former Friend Courteney Cox on Cougar Town.
• It turns out Julie Benz isn’t completely done on Dexter after all. And what is Julia Stiles doing hanging out with everyone’s favorite serial killer?
• Tina Fey talks all about 30 Rock‘s upcoming live episode!
• A high-profile guest-star checks into Modern Family. And we go one-on-one with Magnificent Manny (a.k.a. Rico Rodriguez).
• The remarkable resurgence of NBC’s Parenthood, which has quietly become one of TV’s best family dramas.
In all, there is exclusive intel from the producers and stars of 86 different shows — way too many to list here. But enough about all that. What are Ken’s Top 5 new shows? Post your guesses below!
To see Ken’s list, and for our full Fall TV preview, check out the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly, on stands September 10.