T-Pain's iPod: The 'Lottery Ticket' co-star tells us about his favorite artists
Image Credit: David LeeAuto-Tune-loving singer T-Pain is donning a new (top) hat: Feature film actor. He plays the convenience store cashier who sells the winning ticket in new comedy Lottery Ticket, which also stars Bow Wow and Ice Cube.
With Lottery Ticket opening today, we asked T-Pain to name five artists whose music he’s digging. Read his list after the jump and hit the comments let us know what you think of his taste in tunes.
1. Lily Allen: “Ever since I heard her when I was on hold with my phone company, I’ve been all ears to Lily. She has a sound that is just awesome. [Sings] ‘It’s 5 o’clock in the morning.’“
2. Drake: “Sometimes you need to grow on some artists, but he came into the game strong. He’s an artist that I play in my DJ set.”
3. Busta Rhymes: “Busta has always been one of my favorite artists of all time. He paved the way for me with his music. And also being there for me like a dad.”
4. Waka Flocka Flame: “He seems to have energy that is keeping the club rocking. One of my favorite records is the remix to ‘O Let’s Do It.’ He is just what’s hot right now.”
5. DJ Khaled feat. Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-Pain and Snoop Dogg: “‘All I Do is Win’ speaks for itself. If someone tells you that you can’t, then this is motivation to always win. Don’t let no one tell you that you can’t.”
(Follow the Music Mix on Twitter: @EWMusicMix.)
More news from EW.com’s Music Mix: