'Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta': Oh my gawd, y'all. I'm excited
One of my favorite reality shows (and your runner-up in EW’s Guilty Pleasures Reality TV Showdown) is headed south! And the show’s new installment, Say Yes to The Dress: Atlanta, which premieres tonight, is going to be a downright hoot.
Even before you watch a single clip, I can guarantee two things: 1) The customers are going to say things like ”downright hoot,” and 2) By the end of the show, you’ll be infected by the southern twang and have no choice but to adopt it by the rest of the evening. The scary thing? You’ll like it.
That aside, here are five reasons I’ll be tuning in tonight:
- I’m a little obsessed with weddings. Read about my lowest point here.
- If Steel Magnolias is any indicator of the southern approach to weddings (as a southerner, I testify: It is), the people on this show are going to be awesome. And if someone talks about their plans for an armadillo cake, I might die of happiness.
- I have nothing better to do.
- The preview clip (embedded below) almost made me cry. Win.
- If you think Kleinfelds is home to the most demanding brides you’ve ever seen, you ain’t seen nothing yet.
What about you, PopWatchers? Will you be watching SYTTD: Atlanta tonight? Are you warning your friends that you will likely be speaking with a twang for the remainder of the weekend?