''Harry Potter,'' Noomi Rapace, and the World Cup made pop culture news this week
· The new Harry Potter trailer proves you can overdose on goose bumps.
· The object of our affection: this new book by Stephen McCauley
· Stay for the end credits of Despicable Me!
· Rachel Dratch, we have a new role for you: Elena Kagan.
· Kanye West sings his new single ”Power” at the BET Awards, and (almost) all is forgiven.
· Who says thin is in? Nikki Blonsky makes Huge comeback.
· Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth in The Girl Who Played With Fire: Still kicking ass…and with a better hairdo this time.
· The trailer for the Facebook movie, The Social Network. Bullseye likes this.
· We’re mad about the new Mad Men promos — even if they’re not telling us anything.
· Ellie Goulding — ever heard of her? Neither had we, but now we’ll never forget her after downloading her song ”The Writer.”
· Surely Gayle King’s atrocious hat isn’t one of Oprah’s favorite things.
· Steve Carell wants to leave The Office…pause…pause…Steve! We’re waiting for the punchline!
· Taylor Momsen: Rapunzel after an all-night bender The Twilight vampire makeup: Apparently Eclipse is an homage to Roots.
· Jessica Simpson says her system was ”shocked” by a vegan diet. Responds her system: ”Actually, I was more shocked by The Dukes of Hazzard.”
· Our write-in for summer’s most disturbing thriller? VH1’s Behind the Music: Courtney Love.
· Is Ken Burns producing the World Cup? It’s been going on forever.
· Titanic 2 in the works as straight-to-DVD movie. Spoiler alert: You’re not going to want to see it.
· Jada Pinkett’s new hairdo: Tic-tac-toe, anyone?