Five reasons you should see Hall & Oates on tour
I’m not sure when it became ironic to dig Hall & Oates, but it bothers me deeply. Sure, I get that we’re all supposed to be so friggin’ cool by now that it’s impossible to love something without wrapping air quotes around it. But the blue-eyed soul duo’s awesomeness is so indisputable, it should be immune to winking snark. After all, these are the guys who wrote “Sara Smile”, “Maneater”, and one of the most perfect break-up tunes of all time, “She’s Gone”. There’s nothing guilty about the pleasure these songs bring the first, second, or hundredth time you hear them. And if you’ve never seen them performed live, do yourself a favor and check out the band’s current “Do What You Want, Be Who You Are” tour.
Still not convinced? Here’s five reasons you should see Hall & Oates live…
1. Because they’ll be wearing clothes a whole lot cooler than these:
2. Because Oates is…gasp!…going mustache-less these days.
3. Because there’s nothing comparable to the sound of a few thousand people trying to reproduce the hand-clap that comes 44 seconds into this song…
4. Because they’ll also be playing this…
5. Because when we recently saw them play the MGM Grand at Foxwoods in Connecticut, Hall never once uttered the line, “Here’s one you may not know from our new album”.
Hall and Oates